Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekend at Cannon's Ranch


Lennea invited us to go to her family's ranch for the weekend... or as Phillip calls it, 'the happiest place on earth'. Its an incredible place with exotic game animals like Axis deer, Fallow deer, Black Buck deer, Elk, Texas Doll rams, and others I can't remember. We packed up Clara and the dogs and headed out on Friday. I don't think I've mentioned that Clara is going through a phase where she cries and screams if anyone other than Phillip or I hold her. Since there were about 20 people at the ranch, we thought it would be a good chance to let others hold Clara and conquer this new fear she has. For those who could handle the screaming, it took about 10-15 minutes before she would calm down. It also helped when she couldn't see me.

Clara warmed up the most to Jennifer, who we renamed the 'baby whisperer'.










On Saturday, Phillip finally got a chance to shoot his shotgun. This was the Christmas present he wanted since he now has a daughter to protect. We also went on walks around the ranch to see the animals. With the herd of twelve dogs walking with us, no surprise we scared off most of the animals. At the end of the walks, Clara was pretty tired.

2 comments:

  1. There is no way I believe that baby cries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... just try and hold her. You'll see soon enough.

    ReplyDelete