Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sweet potatoes and bananas but not avocados


Over the past two weeks, Clara has tried sweet potatoes, bananas, and avocados. I bought jarred sweet potatoes, since we would be traveling. The first taste she was a little unsure about, but she ate half the jar. She still likes to stick her tongue out and blow... unfortunately I learned with a mouthful of sweet potato, it flies everywhere! She even got some in her nose.


She ate sweet potatoes for four days and no side effects, so we moved on to bananas. I bought some bananas and mashed them up for her. It was so easy! With the first taste, she got the same 'I'm not sure about this' look on her face, but she kept eating. Phillip fed her the next three days, and he was quite the pro. She ate much faster with him. I'm not sure what his trick was.


With the banana success, we tried avocados. Again, I bought and mashed them up, but this time, the 'I'm not sure about this' look was not a good one. She obviously didn't like the taste and wasn't sure what to do with it. She left her mouth open until it fell out and wouldn't open it for a second bite. We tried avocados again the next day with the same result. Maybe one day she'll like guacamole, but for now, we'll move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment