Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First 'Solid' Food


Lately Clara has been staring at me and Phillip eat, and since she is over five months old, we thought it was time to introduce her to 'solid' food. I heard stories of babies completely rejecting the new food and spitting it all out, and if you know how Clara is with even taking a bottle, I was a little worried.


But... she did great! She even helped me move the spoon from the bowl to her mouth. She only had one tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with 2 tablespoons milk, and I think we got more in her mouth than on the bib. She eats one solid meal a day and tomorrow we'll try sweet potatoes. I got a book called Super Baby Food with advice on feeding babies through their toddler years. Also explains how to prepare and make baby food, which I plan to try. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear it's going well! Maddie's cereal just ends up on her chin =)

    ReplyDelete