Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 23, 2012

2011 Holidays

Our holiday fun started before Thanksgiving with a trip to Disney World.  We spent a long weekend with Gran, Grandpa, and Uncle Wyman and his family.  I wasn't sure if Clara would be old enough to enjoy all the Disney fun, but she had a fantastic time.  Her favorite parts were the parades with all the dancing and singing and of course the Mickey's Playhouse show.  She couldn't contain her excitement and was jumping up and down when she saw her favorite characters, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, and Donald.  We even had breakfast with them on Sunday.  We rode most of the rides at Magic Kingdom with Its a Small World being a favorite.  We'll have to go back in a few years and share the excitement with Baby Trey.  Here are a few pictures...
Universal Studios
Honey I Shrunk Clara
Riding Dumbo with Daddy and Kennedy
After Disney World, Clara went home with Gran and Grandpa for a few days of undivided attention.  I know she loved every minute of it.  Phillip and I flew home to Houston but returned to Alabama for the Thanksgiving Holiday.  We spent the time in Russellville enjoying time with family, and Clara loved spending time with Gran's horses.
Riding with Gran
Clara, Granddaddy and Grandmother
For Christmas, we went to Rockwall, Texas and spent a relaxing holiday with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Mike, Aunt Michelle, Katherine and Katelyn.  The doctor tried to convince us to stay in Houston, but I finally convinced her that we'd be all right with a little road trip up I-45.  Santa didn't have any trouble finding us and really spoiled Clara with a Winnie the Pooh book, iPad, Disney play characters, and a coloring book.  She must have been a really good girl this year.  She had so much fun playing with her cousins.  Her and Katelyn chased each other all over the house, playing piano, dancing, watching movies, playing in Mommy's doll house, and throwing rocks in Grandpa's pond.  It was a wonderful time with family. 
Cousin hug!!!
Love those Collings' blue eyes
Grandpa kisses!!
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment