The weather has gotten warmer, so Phillip and I took Clara on her first kayake trip. Phillip paddled us around, and we saw some ducks and turtles. Clara seemed to really enjoy the breeze on the water, but she got tired after 20 minutes.
She still isn't crawling yet. I keep thinking she is on the verge, but I've been saying that for a month. She will scoot around the rug, get on all fours and rock... but she hasn't quite got the hands and feet moving. She can pull herself up to standing. Who knows, she may skip the whole crawling thing and go straight to walking!

On Friday, Clara went to her first Dewey Wayne concert. I was worried it might be too loud, but she loved it. Had a great time and Wayne even carried her up on stage!
A few weeks ago, Clara and Phillip started taking swim class with about four other babies and their mommies. It's one day a week for 30 minutes and doesn't really teach her how to swim but mostly focuses on getting her comfortable in the water. The instructor sings songs and all is good until he takes Clara away from her daddy and dunks her under water. She doesn't really like that very much.
Gran (Phillip's mother) came to visit for two weeks and help take care of Clara while I went to work. Clara finally mastered the bottle, which is a big relief. My friend, Amanda, watched her this week, and my mom is coming the next two weeks. Then after Memorial Day, its time to start day care!
No comments:
Post a Comment